The correct hours for the report card pickups on next Monday and Tuesday are as follows:
Plattsburgh High School is located along the Saranac River in Plattsburgh, New York. Our school mascot is an orange and black hornet and “Hornet Pride” is demonstrated daily through academic and co-curricular achievements. We are especially proud of the following:
At Plattsburgh High School, our mission is to prepare students to be college and career ready through the teaching and learning of 21st century skills. We strive to ensure that PHS is a safe, inclusive, and respectful environment for learning and working.
- Recent recognition for having earned the highest average SAT scores in Clinton, Essex, and Franklin counties.
- PHS has been designated as a “School of Distinction” by the College For Every Student (CFES) organization.
- Our school’s two Science Olympiad teams have regularly placed in the top two spots in regional competitions and have placed in the top ten at state-wide events.
- The College Board® named the Plattsburgh City School District to the AP® Honor Roll for “Expanding Opportunity and Improving Performance for AP Students” in 2013.
- The number of our athletic teams recognized as Scholar Athlete teams.
- Foreign languages offered by the school include Spanish, French, German, and Farsi.
- We offer the following Advanced Placement (AP) courses: Biology, Calculus, Chemistry, Economics, Physics I, Physics II, Psychology, US History, and World History.
- Students are able to earn college-level credit through Clinton Community College for the following courses: Calculus, Pre-Calculus, and Psychology.
- The PHS music program includes band, chorus, orchestra, jazz band, and the select vocal ensemble. The latter recently received the highest possible marks when evaluated by NYSSMA and performed as backup singers when the rock group Foreigner performed in Burlington, VT.
- Athletic teams at PHS regularly compete at sectional and conference competitions.
- PHS is a PBIS school and our philosophy emphasizes supporting and including all students in the most appropriate manner.