- February 14, 2023
- Posted by: Matt Smith
POSITION TITLE: Anticipated Music Teacher
GRADE LEVEL and/or SUBJECT:
- Direct High School Band & Provide High School Lessons
- Direct High School Jazz Ensemble
- Provide some Elementary Band Lessons
EXPERIENCED DESIRED: Preferred 1-3 years of Music Education, with experience in band instruction/conducting
CERTIFICATION: NYS Certification in Music Education
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS or EXPERIENCES:
- Understanding of NYS Frameworks in Music Education
- Candidates willing to participate in extracurricular activities, e.g. coaching, advising, etc.
- Interest in integrating Music Education with other content areas
- Familiarity with developmentally appropriate practices in Music Education
- Data-driven instruction
- Assessment/progress monitoring
SALARY: Plattsburgh Teachers’ Association Contract
EFFECTIVE DATE: Target date of January 2023
Download application form and then forward completed application form, letter of interest, résumé, copy of NYS certification, official transcripts (sealed envelope), three current letters of reference and/or placement credentials.
Please submit applications ASAP to address below. Position will be opened until filled.
Mr. Jay C. Lebrun, Superintendent of Schools
Plattsburgh City School District
49 Broad Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901-3396