Today is THURSDAY, MAY 23rd, 2019
It is an “A” Day
- Information for the CVPH Junior Volunteer Program is available in the Guidance Office. There are only 25 slots available, applications are completed on line and are due TODAY.
- There will be a very important Green Team meeting TODAY after school. We have a Zoom Call with the Wild Center.
- Attention all Seniors – The deadline to submit for the Senior Slideshow is TODAY. All seniors should be turning in pictures. Please read your school email OR see Mr. Mousseau if you have any questions.
- Interested in running for Class President, Vice President, Treasure, Recording Secretary or Corresponding Secretary for the 2019-2020 School Year? Pick up a Ballot outside of the following classrooms:
- Class of 2020 – Ms. Fresn Room 245
- Class of 2021 – Mrs. McCoy Room 100 and Mr. Bowlen Room 320
- Class of 2022 – Mrs. Charlebois Room 102
Complete the petition and return it by Thursday May 30th at 3 pm. Election will take place on Friday June 7th.
- Back by Popular Demand: The PHS Blacklight dance will take place on Friday June 7th from 8-10:30 in the PHS AUX Gym. The cost is $5 at the door. Glow in the dark items will be for sale. All Guests must be signed up in the Main Office by Monday June 3rd. Have a favorite song you want to hear? Stop down to Study Hall/Common and the Cafeteria this week and place your request in the bin. Additional requests will be accepted at the dance by DJ Sponable. Hornets — Let’s Glow Bright under the lights in White and Neon Colors!
- Key Club is holding a bottle drive this Saturday, May 25th and the following Saturday, June 1st from 11-1 in the Rugar St parking lot. Please drop off your bottles to help support our school community.
- Petitions for Key Club officers are available on the Key Club board. Key Club members — please consider being an officer. Petitions are due by May 30th!
- The Science Olympiad team is looking for new members for next season. Are you interested in joining this talented team of students? Grab your Science Olympiad Sign-up sheet from any Science teacher – they are due TODAY!
- The final open mic of the school year will be held next Thursday May 30 in the art room from 3-4. Be sure to sign up outside the art room.
- The 2019 Yearbooks will be here Tuesday, May 28th! If you pre-ordered, see Mrs. Sullivan is room 207 during one of your free periods or after school. The remaining few yearbooks will also be for sale Tuesday. First come, first serve!
- There is an important Drama Club NYC meeting after school TODAY!
Congratulations to tennis players Ben Keever and Calvin Gosrich for winning third place in the sectional doubles tournament and seventh grader Sebastien Bonnabasse placed second in singles. They will all be moving on to states next week in New York City!
The golf team will have a match vs. Lake Placid at Craig Wood Golf Course. Please note, the golf team has already left to travel to Lake Placid; members being released will be emailed to faculty this morning.
At 2 p.m., Plattsburgh High School will be hosting the Section 7 Varsity Track Sectionals. Members of the track team will be released at 12:45 and 1:45 to compete. The team rosters will emailed to faculty and staff this morning.
At 4:30 p.m. the Varsity Baseball team will compete in Sectionals today at Beekmantown, at the Beekmantown Town Hall Fields.
Today is the last day for guest reservations for the Senior Athletic Banquet on June 4. Please make sure you bring your guest reservations to Mrs. Meschinelli in the main office.