Today is MONDAY February 11, 2019
and it is an “A” Day
We wish a Happy Birthday to: Ryan Knowles, David Yocum and also to Mrs. Seeber and Mrs. O’Connor!
Attention sophomores, the CV-TEC Career Day trip has been re-scheduled for Thursday, February 28th. This is the Thursday after we return from winter break. For those of you that are interested in attending but have not handed in your permission slip, there are blank forms in the guidance office and you now have until Tuesday, February 26th to hand them in.
- Attention all Select Vocal Ensemble members: There will be a rehearsal in room 108 immediately after school from 2:45 to 3:30. All Select Vocal Ensemble members are expected to be there.
- UPWARD BOUND applications are currently being accepted. Please pick up an application and turn them in at the Guidance Office.
- Yearbooks are now on sale for $60.00. If you would like to have your yearbook personalized, you will need to place your order by February 25th. Yearbooks can be ordered online at Jostens.com.
- The Sophomore class is selling Double Good Popcorn until Feb. 26th. All orders and money is due to Mrs. Charlebois by the end of the day on Tuesday 2/26. Please ask a Sophomore about this delicious treat!
- Join the Creative Arts club for the POWER OF LOVE open mic in the Art room on Wednesday February 13th from 3 to 4 pm. Don’t forget to sign up outside the Art room.
- Key Club will be selling Hershey Kisses and Hugs. Buy a bag with messages for $1. See a Key Club member during lunch periods.
- PHS! IT IS HERE — WINTER SPIRIT WEEK! STARTING THIS WEEK THE DAYS WILL GO AS FOLLOWS:
- TODAY is Sports Day – Wear apparel from your favorite sports team!
- TUESDAY: Character Day – dress as your favorite character.
- WEDNESDAY: Black & Orange – It’s School Spirit!
- THURSDAY: Winter Wonderland – have a favorite beanie? Today is your day!
- FRIDAY: Class Color – You guessed it! Mini Olympics is here….be prepared to compete!
- FRESHMAN – Green
- SOPHOMORES – Red
- JUNIORS – Purple
- SENIORS – Blue
- Today’s Heart Month Fun Fact: An individual should aim for 30 minutes of moderate/vigorous activity at least 5 days a week.
Congratulations to our Hornet teams that won sectional championships this weekend!! The section titles went to the boys swim team, the cheerleading team and to Jasmine Piper, Angie Lyons and Joe Gonzalez-Lyons for indoor track. Congratulations to all athletes that participated!
At 5:30 pm, the JV Boys Basketball team will have a game vs Saranac Lake @ Plattsburgh High School.
At 7 pm, the Varsity Boys Basketball team will have their senior game vs Saranac Lake @ Plattsburgh High School. Please join us in honoring our graduating seniors tonight.
For all athletes playing softball this spring, there is a pre-season softball clinic on Sundays starting Feb. 3rd and continuing on Feb. 24th, and March 3rd from 10 am – 12 pm. Please make sure to bring all your gear.
Believe it or not, it’s just about time for Spring Sports to begin!
Spring Sports clearances began last week. Please come to the health office on the assigned date to be cleared to participate! Don’t wait until the final hour to be cleared, practices begin on March 4th! Please see Mrs. Maggy in the health office to pick up paperwork!
Clearance schedule is:
TODAY: JV Softball
Feb. 13: Boys & Girls Tennis
Feb. 14: Boys & Girls Track
Feb. 15: Golf and Lacrosse